Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Introductions

I've put a lot of thought into how to start this blog - - - do I start at the beginning of (my) time?  That would take forever!  So we're going to keep it simple and start with the reason I am starting this blog:

The Grub, aka Monica
Monica came into this world on August 29th, 2011, and just celebrated her four month birthday.  She's our first child, and, surprised by how frequently she wanted to eat - this kid can EAT! - she was dubbed "The Grub" by her father and I because she was always "grubbing around" for a feeding.

So...why did I start this blog?

On top of all the baby-related adaptations we are making in our lives, about a month ago, I decided to throw one more change into the mix by quitting my job and becoming a stay at home mom (SAHM).  So I thought I'd start a blog for a few reasons:

  •  To keep our family and friends up to date with all things Monica.
  •  To log all the priceless anecdotes that JK and I are experiencing as first time parents.  Sleep deprivation these past few months has taken a toll on the memory, and we're saying/doing some really funny things here in the Stasul household.  Plus, I'm sure a lot of the things that aren't so funny now will be funny in retrospect. 
  • To save my sanity!  Taking care of a baby 24/7 wears on your mental stability, and I'm hoping that using writing as a creative outlet will help me to put things in perspective when I'm tired or frustrated.
  • And, last but certainly not least....I'm hoping to champion and revive respect for the stay at home mom. I truly had no idea what those four words fully entailed, and I have am amazing amount of newfound respect for my mother, my mother-in-law, and all the women out there that have taken this path.  I'm so grateful and appreciative that I have the option to stay at home, but trust me - it's not the bed of roses that a lot of people seem to think it is!
So, stay tuned for Stasul family funnies, Monica milestones, and me complaining about not getting to shower as often as I would like.  Cheers!

Melissa

    No comments:

    Post a Comment