Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Mama, mama, mama, mama, mama

To put it nicely, Monica has been a bit of a challenge lately.  It's "Mama, mama, mama, mama, mama" 24/7. I can't leave her sight without an episode of shrieking and screaming.  She does not care if JK is right there playing with her, she goes postal when I walk away. When we're playing upstairs and I try to go into the bathroom, she throws herself on the floor outside of the door and screams and rolls around until I let her in.  Then, when I open the door, she comes in and hangs on my leg with the "Mama, mama, mama, mama" on repeat, reaching up for me to hold her on my lap.  Sorry, kid, but no. 

JK has taken to referring to himself as "Not the Mama," instead of Dada.

Me, I'm feeling a lot like this:


90% of the time, she doesn't actually need anything.  For instance, she hangs on my leg and whines when I'm sitting on the couch.  As soon as I relocate to the floor, she is off and playing with her toys.  The second I sneak back onto the couch, she is hanging on my leg.  It's making me nuts!  Not to mention that my back is breaking from constantly sitting on the floor or holding her or carrying her.

Therefore, JK has had to become really creative in his attempts to amuse her when I need to step away for a minute.  So, the other, day, I came out of the bathroom and found this going on in her room:

 

Hilarious, right?

But here's the thing....she now thinks it is the funniest thing ever to put things on her head and run full speed while she can't see anything.  Since we have never-ending piles of laundry on the floor, she has easy access to grab a t-shirt, throw it over her head and face, and go running amok.  JK found her crashing into the hallway walls repeatedly, and then collapsing in a fit of giggles on the floor.

Her cast comes off one week from today.  Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that this first cast is not going to be the last cast?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment