Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

"Holy Crap!"

Tonight, Monica and I were up in her room playing. Well, she was playing and I was chasing after her, as she is completely fascinated with everything in the room except her toys. This includes, but is not limited to:
  • The area under her crib
  • Her humidifier
  • The cords for the humidifier and video camera
  • The packing tape on the edge of a cardboard box of "crap" that needs to be moved into the attic.
She was kind enough to give me a brief reprieve while we had some quality time with her collection of books. This does not include actually reading the books; rather, she methodically removes all of her books from her book basket, and then I have the pleasure of cleaning them up . Her part lasted for about 10 minutes of distraction, and then she went right back to the packing tape.

I leaned to the right to grab two of the books she had knocked out of reach, and when I turned back to put them in the basket...

She was standing.

"HOLY CRAP!!!"

JK came running and found me laughing in disbelief and Monica sitting next to me, pretending she wasn't just standing up like a little person. I assured him that everything was fine, our daughter had just decided she was going to use the aforementioned cardboard box to help prop herself up into standing position.

She's not quite six months old yet. JK and I have a super baby! I simply cannot wait to see what she does next!

Tuesday morning 2/28 update:

Monica seemed pretty intent on re-creating last night's standing adventure this morning.  While she didn't get into full standing position, there was lots of climbing and kneeling going on.  Plus, she was tired and whining for naptime.  Plenty of time for her to practice later!  Hopefully I'll be able to capture an action shot next time she stands!  In the meantime, I guess I'll leave the now-famous "box of crap" in her room because it seems to be the perfect size for her to practice new tricks.

This loose piece of packing tape makes such a fun noise!
Time to throw these books on the floor so Mommy has to clean them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment